Monday, November 4, 2013

The MicroAquarium: Week Three

Even more so, I have noticed an overall growth in the Utricularia gibba as the week has progressed. There seems to be a kind of webbing of a root system from the gibba traveling up the right side of the aquarium. There is also a growth of activity inside and around the gibba. There some particularly interesting worm-like creatures that I have not been able to certify the species or genus yet. I also noticed a growth of single celled organisms ranging in many different sizes and shapes. Some even have visible flagella which spur them along in very sporadic movements and paths. Also, I have not seen the seed shrimp that I observed last observation. I hypothesize that he has either died or is hidden beneath the sediment where I found it crawling along.

No comments:

Post a Comment